Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Authentication keepalive page Fortigate

Description
This article explains how to configure the keepalive page to show on a user PC when the user accesses to the internet.
Solution
The authentication keepalive page can be enabled by the CLI command:
# config system global
# set auth-keepalive enable
# end
The authentication keepalive page is disabled by default.  When enabled the following HTML page will be displayed and the firewall authentication keepalive will prevent sessions from ending when the authentication timeout ends.


9 comments:

  1. do you know how to bypass this feature to use internet via VPN?? becaz it kills connection of VPN after every 100 seconds....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one helped me today...:) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I want to ask where I should run these command
      Thanks in advance

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, I want to ask where I should run these command
      Thanks in advance

      Delete
  4. My Fortigate sets the timeout to 10 000 seconds, how do i get that down to 100 ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are unable to logout if window is closed

    ReplyDelete